Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Recipe and a Request

I have a request for some good recipes that are yummy, quick and don't use the oven. Any suggestions? Here is one that I like to make when I want to whip up something quick. My kids love rice and I love Mexican food.

Taco Rice Skillet
1 lb hamburger
1 medium onion chopped (or 1/3 cup onion flakes)
1 pkg taco seasoning
2 cups water
2 cups instant rice (we usually use brown)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Brown hamburger and onion in large skillet, add seasoning and water, bring to a boil. Stir in rice, sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook on low for 5 minutes.

Garnish with tomatoes, sour cream and tortilla chips.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Laura, I'm checking your food blog...searching for some yummy food myself, but want to share a quick, easy and great meal with ya.

    Mango Chicken Quesadillas
    Tortillas
    Chicken (cooked and sliced) or I use canned chicken
    Mangoes
    Monnterey Jack Cheese (this is the best!)
    Layer these ingredients on your tortilla and grill in a pan. Serve with Salsa, Guacamole and Sour Cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura I'm going to have to give Bret's soup a try. It sounds so good. Where would I find Thai Peppers and the Coconut Milk? I do use fresh mangoes with the tortillas. The kids usually sneak a few bites of mango so I have to buy at least two or three them.

    ReplyDelete