Sunday, March 15, 2009

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

This is one of my very favorite cookie recipes. I got it from Allrecipes.com. Whenever I think of these cookies I think of a term used in England. They are very "moreish." This word is used to describe something you always want more of! This is another cookie recipe Marsha uses all the time. I think they are Dad's favorites.

I use a scale to weigh shortening and peanut butter. It saves the effort of cleaning out the measuring cups. I've included the weight measurements in case anyone else uses a scale.

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup shortening (96 g)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup peanut butter (256 g)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup quick-cooking oats

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, cream together shortening, butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the oats until just combined. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until just light brown.

1 comment: